Catholic Charities Directors

"A History of the New York State Council of Catholic Charities Directors 1966-2004” and “A History of the New York State Council of Catholic Charities Directors 1966-2006"

Click here to read Catholic Charities Directors 1966-2004

Click here to read Catholic Charities Directors 1966-2006

The first constituent subgroup organized within the Catholic Conference structure was the New York State Council of Catholic School Superintendents, created in 1937.  It was not until 1967, however, that this council was formally organized through adoption of a constitution and the hiring of a full-time professional Executive Secretary.

Observing these developments, in the mid 1960’s the Catholic Charities Directors in the state decided to take the same approach.

The first of these two volumes describes the evolution of the work of the Charities Directors from 1966-2004.  The depth and breadth of its work were greatly expanded, especially through the establishment of functional area sub-committees as human services programs became ever more specialized.

The second of these two volumes was written two years later to update the work of the council and to respond to suggestions about the first volume.  The first suggestion was to eliminate some of the voluminous detail contained in the first volume and the second was to add a conclusion which highlighted the major accomplishments of the council in the forty year period.

 
Jack Balinsky, Powered by Joomla! | Web Hosting by SiteGround